Aither is looking for ambitious and experienced applicants who share our vision of helping companies comply with nature to join our Voluntary Carbon Projects Development Team. The candidate will be working closely with the VCM development team, supporting remotely in the Geographic Information System sensing process automatization to develop carbon projects from start to finish.
- Develop supervised image classification algorithms (using machine learning) for process automation.
- Map the land use and land cover changes related to the carbon emission potential reduction by manipulating other geographic data in a GIS program generating thematic maps.
- The candidate will automatize the GIS/Remote sensing processes related to the development of carbon projects.
- Act as a remote sensing developer (using Python, R, and Google Earth Engine, among others).
- Elaborate technical reports according to carbon standards.
- At least 3 years of experience developing GIS processes and assessments within the NBS carbon certification framework.
- Strong technical understanding of the following Carbon Project types: ARR. REDD+, IFM. Knowledge of ALM is a plus.
- Knowledge of geoprocessing and skills in the use of GIS for processing, treatment, and analysis of geographic/cartographic data
- Proved experience in remote sensing applied in land use and land cover change mapping projects (classification)
- Proved experience in Google Earth Engine
- Knowledge in programming languages, deep learning, big data, data science and geoprocessing libraries and digital image processing
- Experience in carbon project development (REDD+, Blue Carbon, IFM, ARR)
- A background in forestry is preferred.
Aither has over a decade of successful experience in the environmental market combined with the best practices to trade environmental commodities globally, including sustainability, carbon trading, offsetting projects, shipping, aviation, renewable energy, and energy efficiency.
We are present in four continents with a headquarter in Chiasso, Switzerland, focusing on our main markets in Europe and North America. Our vast global network of branches makes Aither accessible from every corner of the world.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package;
- an opportunity to take a leading role in the company;
- a new position allowing the right candidate to shape the role and grow your career through professional and personal development;
- an international and dynamic work environment with the necessary support and financial back-up to succeed.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com with the subject (GIS Application). Please note application without a cover letter will be discarded.