Aither is looking for ambitious and experienced applicants who share our vision of helping companies be compliant with nature to join our Voluntary Carbon project development department. Working closely with the management team, the candidate will develop carbon projects from beginning to end. Additionally, the candidate will ideally be interested in and contribute to project and strategy development to help Aither’s grow its voluntary carbon portfolios.
Carbon Development Professional to manage and execute the GIS and project development of REDD+, reforestation, afforestation carbon projects (AFLOU – Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use).
CARBON PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
- Conduct pre-screening/screening of projects to identify basic eligibility for carbon certification, potential methodology, estimated ER production, and estimated working capacity required for project development;
- In addition to technical criteria of a carbon project, the candidate should also consider and weigh the socio-environmental benefits of projects and factor these into assessments of projects and manage co-benefits information and data collection;
- Work with and manage field partners through the carbon project cycle from the design stage to the issuance of carbon credits, including designing baseline and monitoring surveys, developing project design documents, monitoring reports, conducting validation and verification, field visits, etc.
- Use of ESRI ArcGIS 10.x in daily work specializing in the following areas: geoprocessing and spatial analysis, enterprise spatial data management, design and creation of geodatabases, script workflow using Python or related process, map production, and technology support and troubleshooting, ideally possessing a proprietary mathematical Emissions Reductions model.
- Establish field data collection routines using ArcGIS Field Maps, Collector, Survey123, Fulcrum, or other related applications Design and prepare complete and accurate working plans, charts, scaled drawings, and revisions for complex projects.
- Produce high-quality deliverables utilizing various software packages such as Microsoft Office, ESRI products, and other related software.
- Coordinate to assure compliance with project and budgetary requirements
- Responsible for maintaining organized files, reports, field surveys, and other data
- Work well independently and in a team environment; receive some instruction on new tasks.
- Keep apprised of currently available software solutions, new technology, and data integration techniques.
- Excellent professional and organization skills, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and experience with the latest ESRI products are required, as well as the ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks, with exceptional quality in the work product.
- Participate in the preparation of monitoring report activities for external and internal purposes;
- Estimate costs, timelines, and capacity for new and existing project development;
- Team planning and resource management – manage internal resources to deliver projects successfully;
- Stay up to date with carbon market news and developments, from technical methodology updates to new opportunities for project development.
- At least 4 years of experience developing GIS for carbon projects, from pre-screening and feasibility studies to credit issuance (Gold Standard, Verra, CDM, etc.).
- Strong technical understanding of the following Carbon Project types: Afforestation, Reforestation, and Reduced Emissions from Deforestation, and Degradation (REDD).
- Understanding climate finance mechanisms and knowledge of GHG accounting methodologies is a plus.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (geography, biology, environmental science or engineering, international development, business management, etc.).
- Extensive experience with Esri Desktop ArcGIS software (Desktop and Pro), scripting, and extensions (ModelBuilder, Python, Spatial Analyst, 3d Analyst, Linear Referencing, etc.)
- Extensive experience in map generation and data visualization.
- Extensive experience with ArcGIS Online platform and associated products such as Web App Builder, Story Maps, Collector, and Survey 123
- Expertise in developing Geodatabases and schemas (domains, subtypes), Access/SQL, and other databases.
- Strong understanding of global standards/protocols/markets such as CDM, VCS, and Gold Standard.
- Experience conducting project feasibility assessments;
- Proved expertise across the full project development lifecycle, including project design documents, verification, and monitoring reports;
- Comfortable with providing budget (financial and carbon) calculations;
- Experience with managing projects and workplans;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel to conduct data analysis.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “REDD+ GIS Specialist Candidate” in the subject.