Aither is looking for ambitious and experienced applicants who share our vision of helping companies be compliant with nature to join our Voluntary Carbon project development department. Working closely with the management team, the candidate will develop carbon projects from beginning to end. Additionally, the candidate will ideally be interested in and contribute to project and strategy development to help Aither’s grow its voluntary carbon portfolios.
Carbon Development Professional to manage and execute the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA) aspects of the project development of REDD+, reforestation, afforestation carbon projects (AFLOU – Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use).
CARBON PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
- Conduct pre-screening/screening of projects to identify basic eligibility for carbon certification, potential methodology, estimated ER production, and estimated working capacity required for project development;
- In addition to technical criteria of a carbon project, the candidate should also consider and weigh the socio-environmental benefits of projects and factor these into assessments of projects and manage co-benefits information and data collection;
- Work with and manage field partners through the carbon project cycle from the design stage to the issuance of carbon credits, including designing baseline and monitoring surveys, developing project design documents, monitoring reports, conducting validation and verification, field visits, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of monitoring report activities for external and internal purposes;
- Provide technical information and requests from carbon buyers;
- Estimate costs, timelines, and capacity for new and existing project development;
- Team planning and resource management – manage internal resources to deliver projects successfully;
- Stay up to date with carbon market news and developments, including technical methodology updates and new project development opportunities.
- At least 4 years of experience developing and managing Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA) aspects of carbon projects, especially REDD+, in obtaining CCBA Certification.
- Strong technical understanding of the following Carbon Project types: Afforestation, Reforestation and Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD+).
- Understanding climate finance mechanisms and knowledge of GHG accounting methodologies is a plus.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (geography, biology, social science, environmental science or engineering, international development, business management, etc.).
- Proven experience with certification in voluntary carbon certification, e.g., Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA);
- Strong understanding of global standards/protocols/markets, specifically VCS and GS.
- Experience conducting project feasibility assessments;
- Proved expertise across the full project development lifecycle, including project design documents, verification, and monitoring reports;
- Comfortable with providing budget (financial and carbon) calculations;
- Experience working with carbon contracts and related legal agreements.
- Experience with managing projects and workplans;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, to conduct data analysis and financial model development.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with “REDD+ CCB Project Developer Candidate” in the subject.